This article about successful exhibitions is quite useful for the beginners to run their art show auspiciously. I picked up few main points like:-
- Successful opening.
- Craft a compelling announcement.
- DON'T charge admissions.
- Art openings should be free.
- No charging for refreshments.
- Invite art critics or art writers.
- Make sure all art is priced on the walls or pedestals.
- Be available to speak with anyone who shows any level of interest in your art.
Moniba,
ReplyDeletethanks for making an effort but you need to check your Task 01 Blog Creation doc for task requirements.
You need to label this entry "Week 01 - Origination"
then cut and paste all the questions and answer them inline, e.g.
1. Exhibition definition
• What is an exhibition?
• What venues would be suitable?
• What media could I use?
• Who are the stakeholders?
• What resources are needed?
• How do I promote it?
• Where can I get more info on exhibitions?
2. Sources of Information
• What are the top 5 search engines?
• What is the benefit of using different search engines?
• What alternatives are there to search engine use?
• What are some different ways to word your web searches?
• Referencing Methods: see Visual Diary Specs / Showreel Specs
3. GROUP EXERCISE - Exhibition Perspectives
• TOPIC: How do I put on an exhibition from my group perspective?
__________________________________________________________________
then add your own observations and research.
Moniba - please blog on Week 02 as well.
ReplyDeleteCheck your Power Point:
Reading Quiz
Thinking Game
IDEO presentation & discussion